Sir Thomas Wharton Academy – Our Vision and Values
‘LEARNING FOR LIFE, SUCCEEDING TOGETHER’
Welcome to our website. We hope you find it useful as a snippet of what our Academy has to offer and can see why we are so proud of our exceptional young people and talented staff and supportive community.
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (STWA), a member of Maltby Learning Trust since 2017, is at the heart of the Edlington community. We serve a number of local villages and believe:
‘Our young people are as good as if not better than anyone, anywhere’
Since joining the Trust, after a number of years of underperformance, leaders including governors, staff and students with support of the parents and our community partners have secured a relentless drive for rapid school improvement. Our ambition is to be a high performing, over-subscribed school.
We are committed to:
- Ensuring young people and adults are fully invested in learning through the inspirational teaching of an inspiring, knowledge rich curriculum which secures excellent outcomes and positive progression routes for all (no one left behind)
- Recruiting, developing and retaining a talented workforce which strives for excellence and invests in young people and the community to be the best they can be.
- Ensuring young people cultivate their character to develop the skills and qualities to be successful learners and responsible citizens
- Promoting traditional values of good manners, courtesy and politeness
- Developing a culture of investment: ambition, consistently high expectations and standards that resonate through everything that we do
- Invest in and enjoy purposeful and supportive collaborative relationships to achieve excellence in all we do
In consultation with our students, parents and governors we deliver our commitment through our key drivers:
The Highest Standards
Always set and deliver the highest standards: never settle for less.
Never Give Up
Resilience is essential: self-belief drives improvement
Everyone is Valued
We are unique individuals working together to be the best
Create solutions not excuses
Invest to Achieve
Care about the now: create the very best for your future
Cultivate your Character
Qualifications open doors; your character gets you through them