Our curriculum ensures, through creative exploration in drama and performing arts, MLT students will learn to lead passionate and compassionate lives. They will explore multiple facets about different cultures, societies and histories, constantly making connections between those different to their own, to see their place in world and widen their perspective.
Drama and performing arts require a great deal of peer trust, and so play an important role in teaching communication and listening skills. Students are consistently asked to participate in group work, helping them to explore relationships on and off stage as well as teaching them about mutual responsibility. Our curriculum supports the development of interpersonal skills such as speaking in public, and it is able to engender a deep sense of self-esteem that raises aspirations. Drama and performing arts encourages resilience, creativity, engagement, self-development and good citizenship.
The links below take you to the 39 Week Plans for Performing Arts:
- Year 7 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 8 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 9 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 10 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 11 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 12 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan
- Year 13 Performing Arts 39 Week Plan