As well as the resources on this page the Mathematics department recommend the following:
- Hegarty Maths
- Show My Homework
- Google Classroom
- STWA Mathematics social media- Twitter @STWAMathematics and Instagram
- STWA Mathematics YouTube
Here is a A level mathematics taster session 1, sketching curves- worksheet to accompany video on YouTube channel: Click Here
Year 11 Closing the Gap Pack
To complete for after Easter:
3 x examination style papers
- Worked solutions can be found further down this page.
Crossover booklet with Hegarty clips assigned to each topic
- These are the questions that appear on both the higher and foundation papers and are needed to secure a minimum of a band 5
On maths tracker
- To complete weekly prep onmaths and write in your scores
Hegarty tasks set weekly by your teacher
- They will communicate with you via the responses section on Hegarty where you need support
Hegarty clips from your trial examination QLA
- Complete the tasks and watch the videos for all topic areas that are not highlighted in green
‘How to’ worksheets are located just after this section.
- All students will have their question analysis from papers 1 and 2 and will have areas to work on as a result of this. On the mathematics resources section of the Academy website there is a link for each paper. For every question there is a worked solution- annotate your paper to show you can now understand this and then complete the ‘now show what you know’ question to show that you have closed the gap. Complete this in your blue workbook.
After Easter you need to bring in:
Your blue work book with completed CTG notes and examples
Onmaths tracker completed with a minimum of 4 papers
3x examination style papers completed and marked
How to Worksheets
Work Solutions - For papers handed out in lesson
Scientific Calculator - The Mathematics department recommend the Casio fx83 GTX for all students and we have them available to purchase at £8.95 each.
Independent Hegarty Prep
These resources for students in Y9 and Y10 align to the long term plans and allow them to identify with topics studied within the classroom to further support their knowledge. Each link relates to a video and quiz on Hegarty Maths.
Use the websites below to support your revision:
Various Maths papers to download along with answers
On screen practice papers
Practice papers with video solutions
Topic specific videos and tasks to complete